THEME: GMGM 2016!
Editor’s Note: Each writer submitted a list of her Top 10 Anything. These lists will be published over the next few days as we usher in the New Year. We hope 2016 is the year that shakes your snow globe – in the best way possible.
Here’s Jess’s Top 10 reasons she missed her deadline in 2015.
10. The computer was across the room, and my belly was in the way.
9. My heartburn was awful so I needed to drink a milkshake.
8. My doctors put me on hospital bedrest until my twins were born.
7. The twins don’t believe in deadlines either, though they wanted to start their lives 3 months early as overachievers.
6. I was in the ICU due to liver explosion (a true medical term).
5. I was in the NICU with the babies, watching them breathe and grow and generally be warrior women.
4. I was driving between two different NICUs because nothing in this life worth having comes easily.
3. Avery’s home now, so I lost staff of beautiful and talented nurses.
2. Victoria came home too, and my life just became a full-time juggling act.
and the number 1 reason why I missed my deadline this year:
1. I slept through it.