THEME: GMGM 2016!
Editor’s Note: Each writer submitted a list of her Top 10 Anything. These lists will be published over the next few days as we usher in the New Year. We hope 2016 is the year that shakes your snow globe – in the best way possible.
These are just a few of Sharon’s Top Goals for 2016. Editor’s suggestion: learn to underachieve, just a little bit.
10. Finish reading A Suitable Boy. Actually, as it’s been years, re-read the whole tome.
9. Develop a yoga practice I can do by myself as well as in class.
8. Drive more (OK, I know this isn’t sustainable but I’ve been on public transportation basically forever, and I figure I’ve saved plenty of energy to warrant some gas miles).
7. Play the piano more.
6. Buy fewer shoes (going to try to work with three good pairs this year. Do flip-flops count?)
5. And in the same vein, pare down my wardrobe to capsule essentials (via eBay? Garage sale?) Inspired by this stylish lady.
4. Cook more time-consuming, complicated, delicious healthy dishes (and entertain more?) Oh and finally learn to make real macarons and samosas. And eat better in general; woman doth not live on macarons and samosas alone.
3. Do more mentoring.
2. Visit my grandparents more.
1. Think up some exciting 2016 treats for those I love.